Saturday, April 30, 2005

4/14/2005

Day 2 of Group Presentations: I don't have my Kane book with me right now so I'll go back and fill in details soon

Group 4: Group Four discussed Complementarity and acted out the myth in the book in order to do it.

Group 5: I have to say that group 5 was my favorite. They blindfolded the class and through conversation, recitation, and smells drew us in to the situation they had created. I think they were supposed to be at a bar/restraunt. The women were talking together most of the time and the men were talking together. Dustin (I think?) was reciting some Wake and people were telling stories. I loved it when Wayne said something about being reminded of his grandfather's pipe smoke, and then, moments later, the smell of pipe xmoke floated through the room. Awesome effect!

Group 6: This group told us a story using puppets and the oral tradition. They used epithets and repition and their story was antagonistically toned. They also kept it close to our human lifeworld by including Eminem and Donald Trump.:O) Sweet!

I didn't take notes during these presentations because I prefer to just experience them. Check out Debbie's site for more detail on these presentations. http://oraltraditionsdeb.blogspot.com